Library

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Story-telling 101

I wish we'd had more time in my winter Saturday Enrichment Series learning Twine 2  to work more on how to actually tell a story, which is harder than it seems! I used a case study, having the class watch the animated short Piper together with discussion after to identify what the story lines were and how the story could "branch" to alternate endings, but ultimately, limited to 5 sessions, the tech of how to script in Twine overshadowed the art of the telling of stories, something I more completely understood while working on my own project "Who did it in the Woods?" Khan Academy has a great animation series, Pixar in a Box, to which, they've added curriculum: "The Art of Storytelling" that I think would be a fantastic companion tool for an elementary + audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sepinventors@gmail.com

My photo
Charlottesville, VA, United States
I'm a freelance ed tech consultant involved with learning labs throughout the Charlottesville area. M.Ed with 10+ yrs programming experience in private industry, loving reconnecting to the fun teaching animation programming.